It is little to no surprise to avid video game players that we have shifted from only having experienced games by ourselves or with a neighbor to now sharing the experience with people around the world. This can range from an average multiplayer shooter, an MMORPG that is heavy on the social experience, or even to the e-Sports games. These large communities of games are something that should have created a bridge for a gamers to become more social while enjoying their hobby, but instead has had the opposite effect.
The amount of times that I as a gamer have received any sort of backlash from my fellow teammates in a multiplayer game has gone through the roof, and worst of all is the fact that it is the norm. No one likes losing, but that does not give the excuse to berate your fellow teammates. I wish that I could say that this was a one off sort of experience but in many games this is the norm.
This blog will mark my journey as I go through gaming in several different games and the social aspect of said games. I will talk about what horrible or good experiences look like in any of the games, and most importantly on how to be the positivity you would rather see in the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment